HCPC Europe is an “association internationale à but non lucratif” (a not for profit organization) under the provision of the Belgian Law, registered in Brussels.
The founders and members of HCPC Europe believe that the packaging of medicines can in itself play a significant part in therapy adherence and that, by organizing as a body, HCPC Europe can be effective in promoting packaging-related initiatives which will help improve therapy adherence by patients.
The goal of HCPC Europe is to achieve demonstrable improvement in patients’ lives, as well as enhanced compliance and adherence to medication regimes through the implementation of packaging-related initiatives.
Activities to achieve the goal
- Promoting an understanding of the importance of therapy adherence
- Gathering and disseminating information about therapy adherence, particularly as it relates to packaging
- Supporting research into packaging-related proposals to improve therapy adherence by patients
- Formulating and communicating recommendations for packaging solutions which are most likely to enhance therapy adherence
- Sharing the Council’s knowledge and experience with government bodies, industry, healthcare professionals and the public at large
- Collaborating with other industry organizations for mutual benefit.